SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

"just looking" is always dangerous!

mtnrdredux_gw
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Whenever anyone tells me they are "just looking" at real estate, I smirk. I know very few people who don't pull the trigger once they start to look.

I've been educating myself on areas in Boston as well as suburbs (generally with an emphasis on walkable areas and historic architecture). I look mostly at "recently sold" to prevent jumping the gun, since we don't plan to move until fall 2022.

Last night a listing came up that I know, from looking in the area for the last 18 months, is rare. It is in Boston's South End on one of its lovely "squares," which are in fact oval parks ringed by lovely old brownstones, some with fountains. To me it's sort of a Brooklyn/Savannah mashup but with more snow. This condo has two dedicated parking spaces in the rear, and very nice outdoor garden, and a third bedroom (office really). It needs nothing other than decor (it is totally redone, and very white). Being on a square is our (and everyone else's) first choice, and I also strongly prefer that this has a street level entrance and a front garden as well as rear private outdoor space.

DH thinks we should look at it and consider renting it out until we need it. Personally i want to own less real estate, not more. There's an open house this weekend, but I would not be surprised if it trades before that. Trying to decide if we make a trip back up for a showing before that, or watch and see what happens. I think the asking price is on the high side of fair.

Comments (69)