SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
always1stepbehind

update on mattress woes...

Well sorta...Last I had updated that I did not like the Novaform mattress from Costco. It is scheduled to be picked up this Saturday.

Now as for MY mattress with the big dip in it. Someone had come out last Friday to check it out. The guy comes out after he's done inspecting and tells me yes it is dipping but the box spring is cracked and they are going to swap out the box spring to see if that fixes it. UMMM OK. But I don't think that is going to help at this point. Same day, I get a call to set up a day to schedule the swap out the box spring...lady I speak to sorta eludes to that she doesn't think its going to help either but to give it a try and just call back if it doesn't help. Ok, fine. I'll play along. The next day I get a call from Macys saying that there is no replacement for the mattress and to go in to the store and reselect. So I assume its the whole set. Turns out it wasn't after going in and talking with a salesperson. She ALSO agreed that a new box spring wasn't going to fix it. She called in and went over all the info, yes, the mattress was dipping enough to be covered under warranty but yet they were trying to say the box spring was defective.

I checked the box spring twice and and couldn't tell where it was cracked or broken. I expected to see a bit ol' dent or something. I even took a flash light and shined it through with the lights off and still couldn't tell. I called back into Macys and to my surprise I was able to get them to approve a complete return and reselect for both mattress and box spring!! I'll be back in this weekend to pick a new mattress...taking advantage of the Memorial Day Sale.

Wish me luck!!

Comments (10)