SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anthip

Holiday home floor plan dilemma

anthip
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi all. I've got an apartment to refurb. Some background info:It's an upstairs apartment with a balcony that goes almost the whole way around. It needs a new roof so we're taking the opportunity to do an internal refurb.The apartment would be used by my little family of three until our house is finished and then later as an Airbnb/holiday let.Currently it has no bathroom or kitchen (they're downstairs). I want to put a kitchen and bathroom in and then will refurb downstairs at a later date to create a second apartment.The property is a traditional house built in the 1970s in a small mountain village on a Greek island. It's surrounded by olive groves and greenery.It's an open floor plan. All internal walls are fair game. Windows, French windows and front door can't change due to planning restrictions.I need to keep the bathroom on the "back" wall - the wall I've put the toilets on - due to the cost of moving plumbing. The kitchen could go anywhere as the downstairs kitchen is front left (left of front door) so I can run pipes more easily for that.Cost is a big issue. I'm doing this reno while building my own home on the same land. So money is tight.I love both for different reasons. A French window in the bathroom of V2 is nice and practical but the living room may be a little dark. The French window off the kitchen in V1 is lovely but I don't like what feels like "wasted space".All feedback gratefully received.

Comments (14)