SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
khegrat

Need to vent about house set back

khegrat
2 years ago

I need to vent here...we are building a new home and things have pretty much gone smoothly however our set back is bothering us. We are building in a new development and phase 1 is mostly production builds and phase 2 and 3 are custom. We are back in phase 2. When we were finalizing our contract with our builder (he’s one of the developers)he told us that the production homes have the township minimum of 30’ from utility boxes and his and the other 2 builders are 40’ back. Our house was the first house to be built on that side of the street. Well the builder as well as us missed our set back when we got our lot layout and it was set at 30’. We didn’t realize it either until other houses started to get staked out. I went on the county website and sure enough all the set backs are at 40’ for the custom builders. Our house looks fine but it’s annoying us. And of course when it’s brought up to the builder there’s always a reason why it was done that way...ugh! Nothing we can do about it now and we need to get over it!! I just needed to vent about this. Thanks

Comments (14)