SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jacqueline9ca

Lady Roberts blooms from yesterday

2 years ago

Lady Roberts (tea, discovered 1902) is a color sport of Anna Olivier. I have grown AO for decades (it was re-introduced in commerce in North America from an ancient plant in our garden when it was discovered that the cultivars circulating were really another rose - it was identified by the "tea rose ladies from Australia).

I was excited to hear from Jeri that LR existed, and had darker colors than AO. I have a bush of LR that is about 6-7 years old now, and just getting mature. It has the same growth habit as AO - will grow large, mine is 8x8 so far, and it is eyeing a plum tree it is near, thinking of climbing on it. I have read that Lady Roberts frequently sports back to AO, but I am happy to note that mine has not done so. In addition to the habit, the shapes and sizes of the buds and blooms are also identical. The colors are amazing, and like Anna Olivier, can be variable. Several pics of blooms and buds below. Note that where Anna Olivier has usually got buff colored blooms with a dark brick color on the base of the petals on the outside, Lady Roberts has that same pattern, but the color is on sterdoids!

Jackie

Comments (10)