SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

Well, fudge. I’ll never post a rejuvenation story again.

Annette Holbrook(z7a)
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

So just 12 days ago I posted that a hosta I’d had for many years and never did much finally started to show some promise. It is Red Dragon. Here’s how it looked for years and years-

Here‘s how it looked yesterday, it was decided that it enjoyed the new place in the mountains and was showing me some love.

And here it is this morning :(.

I keep my stuff sprayed with deer and rabbit repellent which has generally done the trick. I just ordered a new one from Amazon that is supposed to get here today, grrrr. My plan was to alternate between sprays. The weird thing is that whatever got this guy went right past 5-6 other hostas that are closer to the property line. Maybe they have different tastes? They all got sprayed the same day, which was Friday as I recall.

I‘ve never had one get chomped down to stems this late, usually its early spring before I get ahead of the spraying game.

Is there anything I can do to help him out? It has about 10-12 decent leaves left on it. I’m planning on respraying everything when my Amazon order arrives.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH