SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lwfromny

Creative Solution Needed!

lwfromny
2 years ago

Hello all - I’m looking for some creative solutions to a challenge. I would like to put some string lights on my deck. I have attachment points on the house, but need a way to support the light strings at the outer edges of the deck. The deck is up on tall supports, far above ground level, so I can’t insert poles into the lawn. It’s uncovered so the tallest point of the deck is the railing - there’s no posts taller than that.

The only solution I can think of is to zip tie some tall poles to the posts at the deck corners and midway down the longest side. But this seems like it would look crappy, and be expensive. The string light support poles I see online are anywhere from $75-100 each and I would need at least 4, maybe 5. Plus they would be a little crooked because they wouldn’t lie flat against the vertical posts due to the overhang of the railing. There has to be a better way, but I don’t know what it is. I’m sure someone out there has had and solved this same challenge. Has anyone come up with a creative solution for this?

Thanks for any suggestions you have!

Comments (7)