SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarah_bablabla75

Loudness of LVP vs. tile over concrete

Sarah
2 years ago

We just moved into a rental house while our house is being built. The rental has tile and it is incredibly, incredibly loud and echo-y. It's hard to hear someone talking from fifteen feet away because the echo is so bad. We have some furniture in here but not a lot. Our new house will be all LVP, but I've never had LVP before and don't really know what to expect.

This experience has me VERY concerned about having LVP in the large, high-ceilinged living room in our new house. We're planning to have area rugs and a normal amount of furniture, of course, but I'm wondering how much of an issue this is going to be. Our realtor said that LVP will be much quieter than the tile over concrete in the rental house, but I'm very nervous about the whole thing.

Can someone help put my mind at ease? Is our realtor right? Do we need to do something different? Should we reconsider LVP in our new house? They're getting ready to begin framing, so it's not too late to change our minds (with a change fee, of course).

Thanks!

Comments (2)