SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosemizell

HELP! Wood look tile downstairs and LVP upstairs or all LVP

rosemizell
3 years ago

We just bought our forever house, and we can’t decide on the flooring (the current laminate is scratched and damaged in many areas, so it needs to be replaced. The carpet is also 20yrs old and stained).

We are trying to decide between 3 options:

1. Wood look porcelain tile downstairs and matching LVP upstairs.

2. Wood look tile downstairs and carpet upstairs.

3. Whole house LVP.

We really aren’t sure about carpet anywhere, as we have 3 kids and 2 dogs (labs). We also have a pool and the house is in Vegas. I do not want tile on the stairs. I’m torn between LVP bullnose or simply wood treads stained to match flooring. The stairs would provide a transition between flooring if we went with option #1, but would it look weird? We will have gray walls and want a brown flooring with a textured or hand-scraped look.

Cost is also a factor, as we are looking at 3000 sf. If we go with #3, can I find a durable LVP that won’t scratch for under $3/sf? I can find the tile I like for under $2/sf, but I would have to add mortar and grout costs, and most likely we would have to hire out installation. We installed LVP in our previous house ourselves, but due to being military we didn’t live in it long so I don’t know how well it holds up over time.

Any advice???

Comments (5)