SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bobbie_angerami

Help! West facing walls, shadows and Travertine Floors.

Bobbie Angerami
2 years ago

Hello. Thank you in advance for any suggestions and ideals for wall paint. I am posting pics of our home. I am so sick of the dark, original brown paint. This morning light is the most light the living area gets until about 5pm - and you see I had to even open the door to let extra light in for the photo. There is a full-length covered porch preventing any light coming into west-facing windows. We are going to paint and I am struggling with the travertine floors and coming up with a color - not brown - that will lighten the area, modernize it, and match the decor.

We are awaiting arrival of the ribbon tile you see in the photos. This is going on the TV wall. This color is almost EXACT to SW Alpaca (shown as well). I feel the other walls need to be a different color/shade to make this wall pop but obviously because of the lack of light, I cannot go darker.

Granite (shown), furniture (leather) , cabinets - all warm and will not be changing. Of course neither will the floor. Perhaps I will be able to talk my husband into painting the cabinets (its a tough sell, lol). Mustard on the bar area walls will be replaced with the Alpaca.

Can you suggest complimentary colors that will go with our travertine and other decor yet provide a brighter, modern look? We are struggling so much with this. Thank you.

Comments (4)