SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nearingemptynest

Master Bedroom Paint Help: Slanted Walls, East and West Facing Windows

nearingemptynest
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Picking paint color is proving stressful!!

The room has lower ceilings as it is a shed dormer. The room itself also has two dormers that face west and the west wall of the room with the dormers is slanted. The dormers each have a vaulted ceiling higher than the room’s ceiling. Currently, the slanted wall is painted white and is textured like the ceiling.

Should the slanted wall be smooth and painted the same colors as the walls?

The east facing windows (morning sun) are smaller than the west facing windows in the dormers.

Just stripped wallpaper from master bedroom. Will be pulling up carpet and installing hardwood flooring. Furniture in room is french country in a fruitwood stain (“brown stuff”, I know!! But I do not have the heart nor inclination to paint it ). Will be painting woodwork/trim to white or offwhite. Have slate blue bedding and pale yellow bedding. Have an 8 x 10 area rug under bed that is cream, slate with hints of dandelion yellow. Have 2 blue/white ginger jar lamps.

Was considering pale buttercream wall color. Is that too warm? My track record for paint choices has not been good! What wall colors might be good to allow to change between slate blue and pale yellow bedding options?

Thank you for any advice.

Comments (11)