SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
originalpinkmountain

Someone's been planting in my space, and I need the serenity prayer!

l pinkmountain
2 years ago

So today I went for a long overdue reconnaissance mission to our new community garden plot to see what I would need for the job of planting out our dozens of dying pot-bound hothouse tomato starting plants. We've had frosts at night all week but it's finally warmed up. And lo and behold, someone has already started planting in MY SPOT!

I do not blame whomever did it. The garden plots are not well marked at all, just odd white stakes and an inaccurate map. When hubs and I got it we could barely tell where our spot was. I was told that after I paid the fee it would be marked with my name. It wasn't. No one's plot was marked. A few folks had staked their claims with rope and flags. The person who was using our plot had marked rows with white plastic bags curled up and weighted down by rocks. I thought it was litter but then realized it was intentional and I could see three rows of baby plants emerging. Phooey!

So now I don't get my spot next to the water hose, and I have to wait until Monday when the office is open to try and sort it out, and I have to have an unpleasant conversation with whomever took my spot. I'm going to have to give it to them, I'm certainly not going to make them pull up their plants. It's more the fault of the garden's managers, but I think they are minimalists because this is not their primary job. However, I think they could have gotten a team of volunteers to mark the plots . . . .

Just had to vent! When it comes to my plant babies, I get emotional . . .

Plus the house sparrows are taking over my bluebird boxes. It's always something!!

Comments (45)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES