SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
editoria

Has the pandemic changed you in any way?

Alisande
2 years ago

While posting on the recent thread about mask wearing I was reminded that I'm not comfortable among people these days even with a mask on. This is so unlike me. I've always had two sides, one quite gregarious. A relative told me it had to do with astrology: My Aries side loves to interact with people, loves to be on stage, etc., while my Taurus side loves to be home reading or cooking or doing arts & crafts. Since the pandemic, my Aries side seems to have gone somewhere else. I said to my son the other day, "I feel as though I've lost all my social graces. I've become territorial, and the territory I'm defending is myself."

I was never a big shopper, but I used to love the library for all sorts of purposes, and enjoyed haunting thrift shops. I haven't been in either in well over a year, and I have no desire to go. This is probably not good. I've always read that isolation is unhealthy--even dangerous--for the elderly, and for the first time in my life I think of myself in that category.

How about you? Have you noticed any changes over the past 14 months?

Comments (43)

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living