SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
romacharpentier

Will paint color look different on different surfaces?

bondia
2 years ago

I am having my interior doors, trim and kitchen cabinets painted SW Pure White. Part way through I am noticing the color does not look precisely like my sample board which is actually a canvas. I would say it looks a bit closer to SW Extra White on my doors than on my canvas. I am thinking this could be the difference between a sample paint and a high quality paint, a difference in sheen, a different surface that the paint is applied to, or my suspicious mind wonders if my painter or SW used a different white color and just told me it is Pure White. I have NO reason to think this about my painter or SW, my painter is a great guy, honest, up front and we have a great relationship, he has been nothing but accommodating and came to us highly recommended. I can't think of a way to ask him about this without sounding like I am implying that he made a change without my permission and is passing it off as what I specified. (In the past I had contractors be less than forthcoming and less than 100% honest with me so I have reason to be a bit wary and cynical, but that's not this painter's fault.) Can anyone help me be a bit less neurotic about this? Is there a good reason for the paint color to look slightly different?

Comments (4)