She's just jealous.......

amylou321

My sister stopped by my house on her way home to drop off some soap and pick up some scented wax cubes. She was here during my post dinner apocalypse, so my sink was full. She is not a judge of cleanliness, as her house is almost always in disarray......but she did feel the need to make a comment on it.......

SaveComment39Like
Comments (39)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
amylou321

She said it looked like Barbies Malibu Maid went on strike......

If she saw the contents of my dishwasher at that moment.......well she wouldn't have been surprised. Its all pink too.

5 Likes Save    
amylou321

Did not stop her from taking me up on my offer of a brownie,made in my barbie pink brownie pan......😛

Shes just bitter because her kitchen stuff is all boring white and gray and whatever and blah blah blah......

11 Likes Save    
annie1992

The appropriate thing would have been for her to offer to help wash dishes, sheesh. You have a colorful kitchen, plus, you have brownies, so double bonus.

And, by the way, the brownies look delicious.

Annie

5 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
CA Kate z9

I'd gladly take a brownie too... even if it was made in a pink pan. 😄

1 Like Save     Thanked by amylou321
Islay Corbel

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA

arkansas girl

Everyone's kitchens gets like this if the actually cook!

Lars

I think your sister's comment is rather humorous, and I would have had a good laugh with her. When my sister visits, she does do cleaning in my kitchen and house, as she is rather compulsive that way, and I am not. I think it is worse when sisters actually do start cleaning what they find unacceptable rather than just comment about it.

BTW, I cook a lot - my sister cooks as little as possible.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
ladypat1

She is keeping score! For whatever reason. I see and hear those kind of things from my adult daughters. I am an only child, so it is fascinating for me to watch the sibling jealously. LOL

eld6161

With a capital J.

Save     Thanked by amylou321
nancyofnc

I hate dishes in the sink so when I built my house I put in 2 large single bowl sinks and 2 dishwashers. Never have a messy kitchen either - amazing how many dishes you go through in a single day!

4 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
amylou321

Yes. I laughed when she said it. I am constantly being teased for my pink compulsion.

She really has no room to critique my housekeeping and she knows it. She has a husband, 6 kids and lives on a working farm. So its always a mess. There have been many times that I have been at her house and a random chicken got in and ran through or a baby goat that had been rejected by its mother and she had to take in and care for escaped its room to wander through.She would never really say anything about it to put me down. Well, not about my messy post meal kitchen anyway. Other things, yes. But not that.

6 Likes Save    
nicole___

Your pinkness is WONDERFUL! Your a delight Amy! And....that brownie looks delish! Family is always a little jealous. That was funny tho. Not everyone cooks from scratch as was mentioned earlier.....it's messy! ♥

Suzieque

That's actually a pretty funny comment! Doesn't sound like she was being judgmental and I'm glad you didn't take it that way. Glad you laughed.

3 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
bbstx

I LOVE your sister’s sense of humor! Her comment was witty (defined as “quick and inventive verbal humor”). I despair that wittiness is a dying art.

5 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
nickel_kg

Fabulous looking brownies!

Nancyofnc, my dream kitchen would definitely have two dishwashers, that is so brilliant. One for clean, one for dirty. No need to empty the darn silverware basket ever again... :-)

Yayagal

I think it's witty too. She said it looked like Barbies Malibu Maid went on strike...... I would have laughed with her.

marilyn_c

I love color. When we were looking for a place to buy, I saved pictures of a house that I found for sale, because I loved how colorful it was. I loved the house but it was located on the Brazos River and I wanted to get far away from flood plains. When I build my little house, I am going to make it colorful and use a lot of my old collected things in it. I only have to please myself.

I love your pink kitchen. A friend of mine has a vintage pink Chambers range, and she offered to give it to me, but it would cost so much to restore it. It is expensive to buy a vintage stove already restored, but I am putting aside the money to do that.

FinallyHome

I'm sorry. All I can focus on is that brownie!

yeonassky

I think all that pink is very cheerful. My color for bakeware is cobalt blue glass. I love pink too though. Some people are very colour connected some people aren't. It's the usual the ones who aren't don't get the ones who are. :-).

I agree your sister's comment was too funny and I'm glad you found it so as well..

Now I really really want to live in Malibu and have a Malibu Barbie Maid. Hopefully who enjoys the work and doesn't go on strike but that's stretching it isn't it. Maybe if Malibu Barbie threw a beach party for her maid every so often they would get along.

kadefol

Yep, I made cheesecake brownies yesterday and the sink looked about the same. But now I feel deprived because I used a boring glass pan instead of a pretty pink one. : )

adellabedella_usa

I would have laughed alongside your sister. Sometimes it's funny cause it's true.

I haven't been to my sister's house in a few years. Last time I came in and cleaned it while she was at work. The time before that I took down the old wallpaper in her dining room. My husband sent her a robot vacuum for my birthday and a new cell phone for my birthday before that. It's done in a joking way. She does stuff at my house too.

bcskye

My sister won't have anything to do with me or anyone else. I think her comment was funny and she's lucky to have gotten one of those brownies.

Madonna

plllog

I think she's jealous of your Malibu Maid!

LOL, Amylou! Thanks for sharing the funny!

kathyg_in_mi

I too love color! DH, not so much. I have Fiesta Ware, the more colors the better.

kathyg_in_mi

Amy, have you seen the flamingo pink Fiesta? Also, heart shaped dishes.

Elizabeth

I have started buying pink things for my kitchen thanks to Amy. I find them very cheerful. So, thank you for that.

nancyjane_gardener

Not a big fan of pink, but I AM a big fan of color!

The 1914 home we bought 4 years ago probably has 3 colors in each room! Kind of wild and crazy!

The realtors said part of the reason it wasn't selling was because of all the colors! That's what helped draw us to the house!

We also noticed most of our liberal/artist type friends loved the colors and our more conservative friends didn't like the colors so much!

Off to make some brownies!

Lucille

I love color, will have to check out the Flamingo pink Fiestaware. But also part of me is traditional. A brownie has to be brown, I ain't gonna eat no pink brownie.

OutsidePlaying

Your brownie looks delicious. Too bad we aren't neighbors. I would wash those dishes for brownies any day.

CA Kate z9

nancy-Jane, My house is like yours: many strong colors in all rooms.... not one wall is any version of white. I think, when I eventually go to sell, I'll be told to paint all walls white.... to which I will respectfully decline. 😁

plllog

My kitchen is a riot of color, but there are five shades of white in my entryway. :). I like both.

Lucille, would you eat a strawberry blondie?

bragu_DSM 5

So do you use the pink DW liquid too? When I used to mop up at a restaurant we had a pink liquid for floors, to which we would add bleach and boiling water ....

Anne

Be proud your full sink is color coordinated!

It Is rare my sink is empty so I wouldn’t judge. All my sisters are way more meticulous than me so if I saw something in their sinks I might say something snarky just because!

I covet your ribbed mixing bowl!

annie1992

That's funny, all the colorful kitchens. I'm the opposite, I like white and neutrals and when I wanted a white kitchen Elery compromised with a very light tan. It looks yellow in some lights, which I dislike, but I hate picking out paint, I'd prefer a root canal. My youngest daughter says I'm the only person she knows that could have a stroke painting one room beige, LOL. We did just paint the living room light gray with white trim.

And yet, I like my Fiesta Ware. My purse is pink, very light carnation pink. Does that count?

Annie

lizbeth-gardener

amylou321, Just an FYI: there is a new pink 5 qt Le Creuset dutch oven on FB marketplace for $30. + 12. shipping. Thought you might be interested.

amylou321

Believe it or not, I actually have one already. 😬

1 Like Save    
plllog

Amylou, I believe it! Did you actually get the pink composter?

amylou321

I didn't. I wanted it but I am not sure I would actually USE it.

1 Like Save    
l pinkmountain

I'm SO jealous Amylou! And you can probably imagine why . . . ;)

Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Pet Places Pet’s Place: She Couldn’t Find a Perfect Cat Bed, so She Made One
A San Francisco mom and cat owner designs pet products that function and look great in the family’s small apartment
Full Story
Inside Houzz Inside Houzz: The Right Kitchen Counters in Just a Few Clicks
By Houzz
Concrete kitchen countertops eluded this Pennsylvania homeowner until she turned to Houzz
Full Story
Houzz Tours Houzz Tour: Just What Mom Wanted, Off the Washington Coast
With an art studio, age-in-place features and a view-maximizing design, this home shows just how well the architect knows his client
Full Story