SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ecostructionstl

Transition from Hardwood to LVT in Kitchen, Where to start/stop?

ecostructionstl
3 years ago

I am renovating a small house for sale. The entire first floor has oak strip except in the kitchen. The oak under the carpet is in great condition and we can just buff and coat which is a big cost savings! The original kitchen had sheet vinyl which we pulled up. We plan to install a quality LVT. Since the hardwood and kitchen subfloor are the same height we will need a transition strip between the kitchen LVT which will be a bit higher than the strip oak which flows into the dining area and throughout the rest of the house.

Here is my dilemma. At French door fridge and the cabinets on that wall are directly across from the kitchen window 122" bank of cabinets. The existing oak floors end about a few into the niche where the fridge is going and about half way under the lower drawers. In other words, the fridge and drawer bank will be sitting partially on oak and part on LVT. Even if I run the LVT to cover the entire niche, the bank of drawers will still be partially on oak and partially on LVT.

I hate to cover up oak hardwood, What do you recommend? Kitchen drawings are attached. Thanks for your advice.

Comment (1)