SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

WWYD-Who is allowed behind a pharmacy counter, Part Two

Oakley
3 years ago

A couple of years ago I did a topic about our local small town pharmacy, which is outstanding. We're so lucky to have a pharmacy here.

The pharmacy changed ownership & one day when I picked up a script I noticed the pharmacist's DH was behind the counter. I've known her DH since he was in diapers and we were extremely close to his parents while the kids were growing up. It bothered me he coul see our prescriptions & then I found out he's the co-owner with his pharmacist wife and he did get his Tech license, but he doesn't work there, just pops in on occassion.

FF to now. DH told me when he was in the pharmacy the other day the pharmacist's FIL, who DH is still acquainted with, was behind the counter. He handed DH his little sack and told him "thanks for your business!" and I'm assuming he was joking around.

I checked the State Board of Pharmacies and the FIL has no license of any kind. No intern, tech, or pharmacy license.

DH and I are extremely bothered by this. Anyone behind the counter can see what was just sold, peek on an open computer screen, look through the ready to pick-up sacks full of meds.

I've looked everywhere and can't find the law stating just who can go behind a pharmacy counter in OK. That is not right. But is it legal? I could call the Pharmacy board and not disclose which pharmacy I'm talking about.

Changing pharmacies is out of the question. WWYD?

Comments (59)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida