SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elledi61

Another WWYD?

elledi61
8 years ago

My husband and I went to for breakfast at a local place that we have not been to in years. When we first moved to this town we would go to this small restaurant often. It changed owners and went downhill and we stopped going. New owners came renovated the place and it looks very upscale and the food is more upscale too.

I went once for lunch with a friend and it was it was fine.

When we walked in this morning, there were a few tables set for four that were empty on the side of the restaurant. They were at least two other table set for four were only two people were sitting. We asked to have a side table and we were told by the woman who seated us that she did not know how many people will be coming in after us and therefore wanted us to sit in the middle of the restaurant at a table set for two. As we sat there having breakfast the restaurant emptied and no one came in after us.

Since she said she did not recognize us as regular customers although she asked us if we had been there before, she wanted to tell us a little bit about the food that was served there. We said that we have been there before.

I felt that it was very unwelcoming on the restaurant's part for us to have to sit at the smaller table when clearly there were at least two other larger tables and other smaller tables that were all empty.

I understand her predicament, but I decided to call and explain that it felt unwelcoming on her part to not honor our request. As it turns out she is the owner. I was a bit taken aback that all she kept repeating was that she would didn't know if a lot of large group of people were going to come in and need those seats.

If I was the owner, I think I would have at least apologized if only because I, as a customer wasn't happy with my experience.

Was this too much to ask? Do what do you think. I was to add the disclaimer that I am usually easy going about the small stuff, but, today it just got to me.

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville