SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Weekend baking: Lemon Pound Cake

annie1992
3 years ago

This was actually a disappointment. I found a recipe that called for 12 egg yolks, and it provided a perfect opportunity to use up some of the many eggs my "girls" provide for me on a daily basis. The recipe had no fat, which I thought a little odd, but hey, all those egg yolks should make up for it, right?

Um, no. The cake has a nice flavor, not too sweet. I added some glaze made of powdered sugar and lemon juice, which added a little more lemon flavor. However, the cake was dry, and kind of fluffy, not dense and moist like I expect a pound cake would be. I think I overbaked it by a few minutes, and that didn't help the texture, but it was pretty, LOL.

What to do? Nothing except use up five more eggs and make Colleen's Lemon Butter, use it to top the slices and add some moisture. It did improve the somewhat crumbly texture and added even more lemon flavor.

I threw the cake recipe away, and silently thanked Colleen again for her Lemon Butter recipe. It's quick, easy and done entirely in the microwave, plus it has only 4 ingredients.

Look at that, two pictures when starting a thread, I'm amazed!

Oh, and thanks again, Colleen. I know LindaC asked about that recipe, so I'll post it in a separate thread to be sure she can find it.

Annie

Comments (10)