SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
danzmj

Waterfall vs. Corner Seating?? Kitchen Island Size??

danzmj
3 years ago

Our original architectural designs had a 12ft island with seating on 2 sides. Our designer has reconstructed to 10ft island with waterfall so allowing seating on 1 side only. Need help deciding! Waterfall or corner seating? 10 or 12ft island?

Both my hubby and I love to entertain, cook and spend time around the island. We have 2 young kids and see weeknight meals on the island as well as for homework. I love the idea of corner seating to be able to do casual weeknight meals there and be able to have tv on if there's a game we want to watch. On the other hand, a waterfall would be beautiful esp as it's a high traffic area. As for size, I know it will require more slab, more $$ and a seam down the middle (which I don't mind) for 12ft island but I love the idea of having a big island and maybe even a biger 42" workstation sink.

When I called the fabricator, they mentioned that they are doing a lot less waterfalls these days...is it just too expensive or going out of fashion??

Anyways, all good problems. Appreciate any good insight from this community, thx!

12foot island + Corner seating
12ft island + Waterfall
10ft island + Corner seating
10ft island + Waterfall

Comments (14)