SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marlo_lauritzengarcia

Help! I'm trying to save a Japanese Maple from dying!

I saved a mature Japanese Maple from a construction sight and was going to take a trip to the dump the next day. It had been uprooted (appears more like torn out)of the ground the day prior, laid on its side and what was left of the roots exposed to the unusually warm, for this time of year, heat(70-ish F) Inimmediately asked the foremanif incould take it home and try to save it and he did not have a problem with it.. I immed. stood it and braced it upright and covered what I could of the roots. then watered it. After work loaded it in the back of my truck with as much soil and mulch because it was there in a pile and easily loaded, as I could , watered it and wrapped the roots in plastic, covered the rest of it with a light tarp to protect it and slowly made my way home. Now what?! I need to find a place for it, I cant dig a hole tonight it is too late . what do I do for the next couple days while I prepare a spot? will it recover? Was it worth the time spent and trouble getting it loaded and home? Well to me it was, I love trees and I can say I tried! Please help, any information and suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Comments (4)