Shopping for a new dishwasher
5 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (52)
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
Related Discussions
Change in dishwasher water connection?
Comments (16)I keep hearing 'Bosch is going down on the ones they make in the USA.' Maybe. Maybe not. The low and to the upper-middle are US made. And guess what? They are also exported to Europe where they are sold in the European markets such as in the Netherlands. Presumably they are 220v for the Euro market. I have an upper-middle range one that works really well. I can't say whether it is as good as Miele but I CAN say that it cost me half of what Miele would have cost. Miele makes awesome appliances (I have an oven) but also at awesome prices. A low end dishwasher, such as a low end Bosch bought from Lowes, will be...low end. But my somewhat better model (also bought from Lowes on a special order), is more than that....See MoreCan I do a full kitchen for 13,000?
Comments (57)Pinch me, We don't have Menards here. What would you compare it to? That is a good price. Against my better judgement, we went to the one and only granite yard in our area. The sales person said the average kitchen was between $4OOO and $5000 to granite. So obviously that is out. DH is still dead set against laminate. So I started looking online and found a site that carries discontinued and overruns of solid surface countertops. I like the witch hazel, egyptian copper, black quartz, and beach sand. I'm a little all over the place. It seems pretty affordable at $350-$600 a sheet. I 'think' I would only need two, but then again my math is not that good. I have no idea how much it would cost to have it installed and cut. Anybody use this site or do something similar? Thanks again for all the wonderful advice. Hopefully we will get the go ahead to start our kitchen next week. Right now I'm still focusing on this neverending dining room project. I found a light fixture I really like and DH said it was hideous. *Sigh* why do men have to make things so difficult. Here is a link that might be useful: discount solid surface countertops...See MoreShow me your GE Profile dishwashers, please!
Comments (1)Don't have a picture, but cleanup is not a problem (actually doesn't get very dirty to start with). I use Guardsman SS spray on all my SS, both here & in my previous kitchen. Does a great job....See MoreClose call dishwasher disaster
Comments (52)Well we went and picked out a new dishwasher to be delivered on Friday. I did call about mine, the serial and model numbers were not included in the recall list, and it was manufactured in 2003. Because of that and that I caught it before any damage was done other than the plastic items. No cabinets damaged by fire etc there was nothing I qualify for. I guess if I had let it go and burn up the kitchen I might have qualified for $200 discount on a new GE. No thanks I don't want another GE. I bought a new kitchenaid just like the one I had in my other house which I loved. I will never leave any type of appliance on when we are not there. We were extremely lucky to have been home this time. I had no paperwork for the GE since it was in the new house. I thought it was newer than it was. 2003 is not ancient of course but appliances do not last like they used to! I am glad if my experience helps anyone else prevent it from happening to them. It was a wake up call!...See More- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
Related Stories

HOUSEKEEPINGTackle Big Messes Better With a Sparkling-Clean Dishwasher
You might think it’s self-cleaning, but your dishwasher needs regular upkeep to keep it working hard for you
Full Story
SHOP HOUZZShop Houzz: Save up to 50% on Oven-to-Table Cookware
Save time and dish-washing effort with cookware you can use for serving too
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN12 Breakfast Bars With Coffee Shop Appeal
Give even a small kitchen a sociable vibe by inserting a stylish seating post
Full Story
KITCHEN STORAGEKnife Shopping and Storage: Advice From a Kitchen Pro
Get your kitchen holiday ready by choosing the right knives and storing them safely and efficiently
Full Story
SHOP HOUZZShop Houzz: The Velvet Touch
Give your rooms a rich, luxurious feel to counter chilly days
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNHere's Help for Your Next Appliance Shopping Trip
It may be time to think about your appliances in a new way. These guides can help you set up your kitchen for how you like to cook
Full Story
SHOP HOUZZShop Houzz: Fashion Plates
Spruce up your dinner table — or the walls — with these artful plates
Full Story

KITCHEN CABINETSChoosing New Cabinets? Here’s What to Know Before You Shop
Get the scoop on kitchen and bathroom cabinet materials and construction methods to understand your options
Full Story
Missoni for Target Collection Debuts to a Shopping Frenzy
Get a look at the colorful collection that led eager shoppers to line up early and crash site
Full Story
Elmer J Fudd