SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cvanharen

Bertch, Kraftmaid, Diamond Distinction, or Woodland Kitchen Cabinets

Crista VH
3 years ago

Hi there! Trying to decide between cabinets lines. Originally I went to a kitchen person that sells Waypoint, Wolf Designer and Bertch. I was ready to buy Bertch but wanted to see an easy reach type cabinet that was not in her showroom. I was always skeptical of an easy reach with a 12" and 15" door. On my quest to find this easy reach upper to "feel" how it opens, I visited a few other cabinet showrooms. In the end, I was concerned I was paying too much for a decent cabinet and maybe there was better in my price range. Specifically, guy in Woodland showroom said Woodland was much better than Bertch and he could probably get me into woodland for "around the same price". Not sure what to make of it. Guy at Diamond place was great and really took time to explain the line to me. He also sells lower brand of Diamond, Wolf, and Aristokraft.

I also am getting mixed messages on MDF versus maple or birch. We are doing painted shaker style cabinets.

All prices are including tax and delivery. All have added cutlery drawer divider but nothing else extra yet. One difference in layout is that Bertch and Woodland said they can do a custom size easy reach and they are priced that including that. Kraftmaid and Diamond said they cannot, so it's 12" each side. Therefore, my two cabinets flanking the windows will each be 3" smaller and more room around the window.

Please provide input if you have any experience with these lines. Thank you in advance!

Quote 1: Bertch Paint in Birch Wood Doors - $18,700 to uprade to all plywood boxes another $1000 but she says not needed

Quote 2: Woodland Paint, 1 piece solid MDF Door door $18,000 (not sure if these are all plywood)

Quote 3: Kraftmaid Paint on Maple Door - $14,000 (all plywood included)

Quote 4: Diamond Distinction at an ID dealer $14,380 (all plywood included)

Design in Bertch:

Plan for Diamond or KM without custom sized easy reach:

Comments (39)