SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
originalpinkmountain

Your favorite "5 Ingredients or Less" dishes

l pinkmountain
3 years ago

I made one last night, potato leek soup.

Ingredients: bacon, (can use ham) potatoes, leeks, chicken or veg. broth, dash of milk.

It was great. I have to say though, it would have been even better with some home made rye bread as a side. As it is, I used corn chips, I limit my daily wheat servings. Also, I have to admit to adding a splash of white wine and also a topping of grated Parmesan cheese. You could make this with fake vegetarian ham or fake vegetarian sausage . . . but you definitely need some type of highly seasoned smoky flavored stuff in it or it will not be as yummy. Sometimes vegetarians will top something like this with smoked gouda cheese . . .

Another one I like, crockpot pork loin with gingerale

Ingredients: pork loin, gingerale, onions, garlic. Cook on low for about six hours or high for about 4. Can add sweet potatoes. At the end, I mix some cornstarch with a little gingerale and make a sauce from the pan juices. Can serve over rice too, instead of with sweet potatoes.

Beans quickie

Ingredients: can of beans of choice, can of chopped stewed tomatoes, seasoned or not, 1/3-1/2 cream cheese or neufchatel to make a thick sauce. Serve over rice. Season with whatever kind of seasoning you like--Italian, Mexican, Spanish. Top with Parmesan cheese. Can sub pasta for the rice, or serve over polenta. I often add frozen chopped spinach for more nutrition.

Rustic lentils

Ingredients: cooked lentils made with broth, broken whole wheat spaghetti, hearty tomato sauce, hearty red wine, bag of shredded Italian style cheese. Mix cooked lentils, cooked spaghetti, sauce with wine added, and cheese together in a casserole dish. Bake at 375 until warm and bubbly. Can top with seasoned Italian bread crumbs or Parmesan or a mix.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz