Right now, what's on top of your refrigerator?

sal 60 Hanzlik

I have a basket with napkins and I would guess dust.

SaveComment45Like1
Comments (45)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ded tired

Nothing. At least nothing that I know of. It’s built into a cabinet.

Save    
morz8

Only dust. Which couldn't be seen by anyone not over 6' tall - but thank you for the reminder, I need to get out a step stool and clean up there ;0)

4 Likes Save    
Lars

I store wire racks there that I use for cooling bread, cookies, cakes, etc. I used to store a cutting board there, but I have moved it to a more accessible location.

3 Likes Save    
roxsol

Dust and a Canada Goose nutcracker

4 Likes Save    
amylou321

Tomatoes

2 Likes Save    
roy4me

Mostly dust and a salad spinner.

1 Like Save    
Uptown Gal

Absolutely nothing...I hate things on top and it is too tall to be handy anyway. (not even dust...just cleaned. ;)

1 Like Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va

We placed an old wine rack on top of the fridge and use it to hold our boxes of aluminum foil, wax paper, glad wrap etc.

3 Likes Save    
maifleur03

I would have to climb to the second step of the kitchen stool to even clean it. I am actually a reader of instruction books and the one that came with my frig stated not to put anything on the top. I do not remember why but some do become warm on the top.

1 Like Save    
chisue

The refrigeration unit is on top of our built-in GE Monogram. I hope it keeps running a little longer. It will be 20 this fall.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Same as always. We have nesting doors, behind which is a TV that DH uses every a.m. to watch the news while he has breakfast at the island.

3 Likes Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b

Dust of course! I can never keep up with it 🙄

And a jug of water, some flour, some oats & 2 tins: 1 empty, 1 full of homemade cracker bread.

2 Likes Save    
liira55

2 vases with artificial flowers, a box of Kleenex, a large jar with coins, 2 decorative tin cans and a picture frame with my first granddaughter’s picture.

1 Like Save    
bpath

I'm too short to see so I took a picture. Just like having a periscope!

So let's see, in the basket that's Donkey tortilla chips, and one, no, two bags of Stacy's Naked Pita Chips.

In the cupboard in the left door are ice cube trays (we use them to freeze broth), a mai tai jug from Bob Chinn's Seafood (good for when we used to make juice from concentrate or Kool Aid.

There might be something behind the right door but I don't feel like hauling a chair over and climbing up to look. Mainly because I'll see how dusty it is and want to clean it. Well, that's not true, I'll feel guilty because I DON'T want to clean it. Then I'll be mad at myself for not cleaning it earlier, and for showing you all a dirty refrigerator top when I know yours are all gleaming like new. Lol

4 Likes Save    
aok27502

Just a large glass cutting board which DH uses to filet fish.

1 Like Save    
chloebud

Nothing on top since there are cabinets surrounding it.

1 Like Save    
Rose Pekelnicky

Nothing except perhaps dust.

1 Like Save    
donna_loomis

Kitchen scale

Save    
schoolhouse_gwagain

Nothing. And it isn't within a cabinet. Oh, possibly dust but I do run the Swiffer duster over it occasionally.

Save    
joyfulguy

Empty paper ice cream tub, peanut butter bottle containing a bit of oatmeal, soup can holding some bacon grease.

Plus dust.

o j

2 Likes Save    
desertsteph

dust. and it probably fur on it...

2 Likes Save    
matthias_lang

With no built-in cabinets in a small kitchen in a small house, you better believe we use the top of our refrigerator. It holds plastic containers (mostly from yogurt & ice cream), colanders, large plastic bowls, and ceramic canisters of flour, sugar, tea, and powdered milk. I'll just say there is no dust up there. It is my job to clean it up as somebody else here cannot see it accumulating. So yeah, no dust. You believe me, right?

Good luck on reaching that 20 years, chisue. We think we must have bought ours on the tail end of the era when "they made 'em like they used to make 'em," as ours is 28 years old and was bottom of the line at the time.

1 Like Save    
OutsidePlaying

Nothing except maybe some dust.

1 Like Save    
Marigold

an empty egg carton that I will take back to my neighbor when I get eggs. And dust

1 Like Save    
jewels_ks

Usually there is just dust and a shoebox that my dh keeps special things in. I redecorated the top of my cabinets a while back and so there is still a turkey soup tureen that I'm not sure what to do with.

1 Like Save    
jane__ny

I keep a large electric griddle for pancakes, bacon, eggs. I have a small basket with a few bottles of pills we take daily.

Jane

1 Like Save    
marilyn_c

Nothing on the fridge in the office in the barn. Nothing on the one in here....except sometimes a cat.

3 Likes Save    
lily316

A cabinet with retracting doors which houses the TV.

2 Likes Save    
floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK

Nothing except a slab of granite. It’s built in under the counter.

2 Likes Save    
artemis_ma

A reproduction old style hand crank coffee grinder. A malachite green soapstone mortar and pestle. A metal thingie my brother gave me, made of a fused fork, knife, spoon, nuts and bolts.. to resemble a hungry monster. Dust.

1 Like Save    
arcy_gw

I have a clear container of "sea glass" layered light to dark, green. DH has what ever he piles there...wrenches/checks headed to the bank/electronic fly swatter. Flat surfaces are not safe to have with that man about!! He's tall so that's eye level for him.

1 Like Save    
lgmd_gaz

Almost always there is a small collection of containers that need to be returned to daughter for a fill up of more of the wonderful, delicious food she and housemate Connie prepare and fill my freezer with. Today I see 3 there, one that contained a quart of Lasagna Soup, one cabbage rolls, and one pot roast with potatoes, carrots and gravy. We eat well here!

1 Like Save    
LoneJack Zn 6a, KC

Dust, an empty basket that bags of chips are usually stored in, and a large, dusty Emile Henry Dutch oven that is rarely ever used.

1 Like Save    
terilyn

A frisbee, I have no idea why.

1 Like Save    
kadefol

Currently empty, occasionally one of the kitties will snooze up there.

3 Likes Save    
littlespaces

A fire extinguisher, a small set of tools (screwdrivers, pliers), and a lunchbox.

1 Like Save    
raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio

A 24" deep cabinet. There would be room to stick something flattish, like ice cube trays or a cooling rack, if I didn't have room in that cabinet. I wipe the top when I do my weekly (or so) wipe down of the cabinets so I will say "no dust".

Save    
sprtphntc7a

a cabinet! yay, no dust and grime

Save    
sjerin

I have a cabinet as well, with one slide-out trays. Love it because it's very usable. Thanks, Hormoz!

Save    
breenthumb

A couple of snake plants in ironstone pitchers in front. Along side is an old shallow bowl I sometimes put under plants when watering, so they can soak water from bottom, a stapler and tape dispenser, and a 3 hole punch. All old, at least 2nd generation. Even the plants came in a Welcome Baby planter. Baby is 51 y/o. And, yes, dust.

1 Like Save    
PattiG(rose)

I have a large electric griddle stored on top of mine too, it very rarely gets used.

1 Like Save    
stacey_mb

A pretty bowl my sister recently sent to me. It was too nice to hide in the cupboard (also not enough room) so it's on the fridge where I can especially enjoy it and have it conveniently at hand when I want to use it.

1 Like Save    
bragu_DSM 5

shortbread cookies, some gulf wax and a package of jar flats and rings

1 Like Save    
yeonassky

The fire extinguisher and dust. When my DH comes home his wallet and keys end up on there as well. I think it's time for me to dust. We try not to keep things on the fridge because we were also told not to. But having the fire extinguisher close at hand is important enough to me to risk it.

Save    
Jasdip

My teapot and a box of kleenex

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Trending Now The Top 10 Bathrooms on Houzz Right Now
See the details that dominate the bathroom photos Houzz users have been saving most
Full Story
Trending Now The Top 10 Dining Rooms on Houzz Right Now
These dining spaces showcase beautiful built-in banquettes, textural grasscloth wallpaper and creative chandeliers
Full Story
Trending Now The 10 Most Popular New Kitchen Photos on Houzz Right Now
Get ideas for your remodel from the top kitchen photos uploaded to Houzz in summer 2020
Full Story
We take pride in the fact that our finished product is sprayed and never rolled or brushed. Your final product... Read More