SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plllog

Popsicle Weather

plllog
3 years ago

Some of you may remember that I went on a popsicle tear last Summer. I made all kinds of popsicles, including a lot of vegetables and even chicken soup. I even got a special cooler for frozen treats and wines (two different compartments). Then one day, I stopped eating popsicles. They lost all appeal. The family never did get into them. They just want ice cream. I'd think of it, but then just pass 'em by (though I did partake in some of the wine. ;) ).

Today, I thought I should eat a popsicle. Then thought, nah. Then thought, oh come on, eat popsicle. So I got out a random popsicle. Dark purple. I figured it had to have some beets in it. On tasting, I can't tell if it has anything but red beets. It took a long time to warm up enough to slide the cover off--even though they're kept at about 15° F, all that time with few openings might have made the freezer colder. I don't know. Otherwise, it was perfect.

We're having hot and dry weather right now. My conclusion is that popsicles are best eaten in popsicle weather. :)

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz