SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chillinda

Patio Rehab - Questions about drainage and sealing pavers

Linda M
3 years ago

Hi all! I'm doing some maintenance on the patio pavers in my new house, which I assume are concrete(?) and had some questions about sealing and drainage. The pavers look pretty washed out and I'd love to be able to restore the color and also preserve the life of my pavers using a sealant, but want to ensure that I use the right product. I'm considering using this: SEK Surebond SB-1300 G Natural Look Matte Finish JSS, Water-Based Acrylic Co-Polymer, COLORLESS

Not 100% sure of the pros and cons between matte vs wet look, but would love any suggestions.

My other question is about drainage. When it rains, I noticed that some areas get much darker than others... I assume they are retaining more water? Will sealing remedy this and how can I ensure that the patio has proper drainage? I'm not sure exactly where the water drains... there doesn't seem to be a visible "channel". I assume the water is draining in between and underneath the pavers. Is that good/bad? Anything I should be considering?

Thanks!

Some photos of the pavers after some recent rain.... the last one shows the pavers off to the side of the deck, where there are no water stains:

Comments (2)