SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mpmg46

sealing paver patios?

mpmg46
15 years ago

I've been a long time lurker (always wanting to register, but afraid I may then discover that what I thought I was doing right in decorating/garden is all wrong!!)...But I think I finally have the courage to maybe post a few pics of our home and garden for some advice in the coming weeks. :) I love visiting though and have learned a lot from all of you--thanks for that. I look forward to getting to know you all more.

So my question:

There was a post a few days ago about sealing paver patios. I'd never heard of this. I got worried that we should have done this!! We live in the Mid-Atlantic part of the country and have had our patio for 3 years now. I researched last night and all I found out was that sealing is really expensive and is done mostly for aesthetic purposes. None of our neighbors with paver patios have sealed them either. Our installer guaranteed our pavers for life and will come back if one sinks or cracks, etc. So I guess I'm not understanding what the sealing is for. Can anyone give me their perspective on this?

Thanks!!

Comments (6)