SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kit2022

Warm grays, whites, natural white oak floors

kit2022
3 years ago

Hello! My husband and I just bought our first home. We plan to refinish the hardwood floors and repaint the interior walls. I could use some guidance on color selections, please!

I'm going for a warm, neutral, natural, simple look. It's a colonial-style brick home, and I would also like the inside to match that traditional feel.

For the floors - I want to keep them looking as natural as possible. So considering a water-based polyurethane (so they don't yellow over time) to preserve the natural white oak color.

For the walls - I'm leaning toward SW drift of mist for the main walls. I also love SW gossamer veil, but I'm concerned it may look too heavy on the walls and make the space seem smaller? At the same time, I'm concerned that drift of mist might look washed out. Thoughts?

For the trim/molding - Trying to decide between SW alabaster and SW pure white. I like alabaster better with gossamer veil, and pure white better with drift of mist. Thoughts? Also, should we paint the ceilings to match the trim and molding?

Also, question - We are going to re-do the kitchen as well. I think I might want to paint the kitchen cabinets the same color as the trim and molding. Is that a good move or a bad move? I'm afraid that if I do the kitchen cabinets a different shade of white, they might clash with the trim and molding. Would SW pure white look too stark on kitchen cabinets? Our hardware throughout the house will be a brushed nickel.

Lots of questions. Thank you!

I'll try to attach some pictures of the house the way it is now.

Comment (1)