SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dham_99

Custom stainless hood duct vent cover

3 years ago

Hello, I've asked my HVAC person to fabricate a custom stainless steel hood duct vent cover for our Best hood because Best did not have a vent cover that was taller than 12 inches, and I have 22 3/4 inches to the ceiling that I'd like to cover up.

I assumed that when the HVAC sub offered to fabricate one that they would install one without visible screws, but now they are "thinking on it" and I need to meet my building inspection deadline in 8 days. Does anyone have any experience with a similar installation?

There are holes in the top of the vent hood flange that I think it could attach to, but I was wondering if they also need to attach to the wall, and because I have no upper cabinetry, how would they "hide" the way it has to attach to the wall?

thanks for any help. also, they can only machine 24 gauge or lighter stainless steel which may be a bit wobbly (the hood itself is 22 gauge) and wondered if anyone has a vent cover that is made from 24 gauge and if they have issues with the way it looks. My hood is 42 inches wide

Comments (5)