SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
margeetx

Help me with my hydrangeas, please!!!

margeetx
3 years ago

Hello everyone: I will post pictures tomorrow. I have had some serious health issues the past few years...then last year, I stop my service that fertilized all my plants, ($$$had to go to RX). My hydrangeas...None of them bloomed Last year. Now I have these tall stalks, good green growth at the base of all of them..15 plants scattered in my shady parts of my yard. There are no dead blooms on the tops of the stalks, but I can see some growth spurts on some of them. I now have a 4 man crew coming Thursday & Friday, and I want to direct them in what needs to be done. God has blessed me though. Even though I have 7 iron plants (aspidistra) ...clumps measuring 5-6 feet in diameter with the leaves that are huge....the freeze got them, but not the plants. Already have new growth at base of all of them. I started these from a shared plant mailed to me by a friend from Jekyll Island. We will be clearing all of the freeze damaged leaves. These are beautiful under my Crepe Myrtles and other plants. They are great pass along plants. I will post pictures of the hydrangeas tomorrow....thank you. Margeetx

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Central Ohio's Source for Reliable, Top-Quality Roofing Solutions