SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chrissie_browntorres

**opinions please** brick "look" porcelain floor TILE ...Yay or Nay?

Chrissie
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Kitchen is not started yet but looking to pull all my ideas together and need some opinions. I like rustic accents and a farmhouse style. I try to keep things simple in a room when adding a busy element. I realize the brick look is not for everyone but I find it interesting.

Here are some pictures from Pinterest that influenced my thoughts on doing a brick tile floor in my kitchen, small laundry room and small bathroom;

***Here is what I am thinking for my kitchen - what do you think?***

Stainless steel appliances.

Repose Gray by Sherwin Williams paint with bright white trim;

White shaker kitchen cabinets with black hardware and a black faucet - similar to this;

White subway tile with gray grout - similar to this;

Counter - either gray or white with gray veining quartz - similar to this;

Flooring - Soho brick porcelain floor tiles in the color shown below (it is a little brown, gray, white and shades in between) - just to clarify, these are TILES made to look like brick flooring, not actual brick. With the white and gray of the kitchen, I was looking to add some warmth with the flooring. There is a window in the kitchen that will have a warm toned bamboo blind. And there will be 3 floating shelves that are wood toned to match the laminate floor in the adjoining rooms:

The below photo is from the website;

The below photo is one I took in the store of the display;

The below photo is the same tile but from Pinterest;

The below photo is from my house with the wood laminate floor next to it;

I would run it in a traditional staggered straight pattern, like shown below but this is NOT the same color tile that I would use, it's just an example of the pattern I prefer;

Kitchen floor (brick tile) would bump up against this wood laminate floor in the hall and dining room. This is a very rustic laminate floor with distressing and knots that aren't very visible in the stock photo below. This floor is not waterproof or rated for wet areas so it can not be used. Please do not suggest it, because it can't be used and I am already heartbroken that I need an alternative in these rooms;

Thoughts...? If you do not find this will flow nicely, would you give suggestions on what you think would work? Keep in mind I will run the same tile in my kitchen, small laundry room and small bathroom since they flow from one room to the next. I have several dark accents in these rooms and too much gray throughout so would prefer to stay away from dark or gray floors. These rooms will all be painted Repose Gray by Sherwin Williams. Laundry room; washer/dryer are a dark charcoal color with a black 8-lite back door. The bathroom; black wood small vanity with a white top and black pharmacy style mirror. The kitchen; black 8-lite side door to the deck. Black hardware on cabinets. Black faucet. Thank YOU!!

Comments (35)