SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
m_nk

Opinions on using flooring tiles as backsplash?

m_nk
15 years ago

The current tendency with the trends right now is somewhat towards smaller tiles for backsplash... But I was curious about the TKO gang opinion using HUGE tiles in a backsplash project.

Some background:

During the floor selection process, we came across a large 24"x24" tile we fell in love with:

{{!gwi}}
The feel is a cross between concrete and metal and is a bit reflective reminiscent in some ways of an antique mirror (but not too much). Quite unusual actuallyÂ

At the time we were looking for a tile to match our honed grayish quartz countertop. When the designer/presenter in the showroom mentioned someone using them for countertops and backsplash quite successfully... DidnÂt see a picture, but we take his word for it.

We have decided to go a similar route and use those tiles instead of the quartz and also run it on one wall, behind the stove (other walls will have rust colored penny round tiles which tie-in with the tiny rust specs in the tile).

I was wondering what the general opinion would be on this and if anyone had seen something similar.

Oh! And don't worry about hurting my feelings about this: I value peopleÂs opinion quite a bit. Please fire away!

TIA :)

Comments (12)