SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thill8

Kitchen Facelift -- Stainless or Black Stainless Appliances

thill8
3 years ago

I currently have cherry cabinets with black appliances and I get a lot of natural sunlight. I plan to replace appliances immediately, but then over the next several months I will be updating countertop to Viatera Minuet Quartz, adding a neutral black splash, removing the wallpaper to paint SW Alpaca to match the Great Room and replacing kitchen dining chairs. I'm seeking the following advise and would LOVE to see pictures of updated kitchens with Cherry Cabinets.

1) I plan to rip out the desk area and replace with a beverage center. I would either need to raise my lower cabinets 4-5" to fit the height of the wine fridge or replace the cabinets (which I am leaning to do). Would it look awkward if I replace the cabinets in this space with a soft white or keep the cherry cabinets to match the rest of the cabinet and just raise the lowers to fit the beverage fridge?

2) I currently have a raised bar around the peninsula. Should I keep the raised bar when I replace my counters or carry them straight across? I do like the fact my sink is hidden from the great room by the raised bar, but I feel like I loose valuable counter space as I really do not have much for a prep area. Thoughts?

3) I'm updating my appliances with Kitchen aide and converting my cooktop to gas; however, I'm extremely torn between Stainless and Black Stainless appliances. Any suggestions?

4) Any ideas how to update the range hood?

I welcome all advise and would LOVE to see pictures of updated kitchens with cherry cabinets. Thanks!

Comments (12)