SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaydee8

Mix Black Stainless with Black Appliances in Kitchen?

kaydee8
5 years ago

Hi All!

Just moved into a new house. My husband surprised me with a gorgeous LG black stainless convection oven over a year ago. I'm totally in love with it. I was hoping to do this kitchen all black stainless appliances but......

The kitchen plan will be dual tone white on top black on bottom. We have a wood panel Sub Zero with brushed aluminum handles and vent cover that works perfectly, a 13 year old under the counter white Whirlpool ice maker that makes the most crystal clear and perfect tasting ice (they don't make 'em like this anymore either), dishwasher and microwave will be replaced.

Anywho, my husband is thinking about finding the wood panel that will make the ice maker blend in with the bottom cabinets if not, then it gets painted black. The panels and top grill on the fridge will also be painted black. I'm stuck with the brushed aluminum handles unless I can find in black to replace. Now, do I get the dishwasher in black to keep the under counter appliances all together and then just get the black stainless microwave to go above the stove and make those two items the "focus" pieces?

I'm one that usually likes to keep all appliances the same brand and color scheme but there is no way we are getting rid of the fridge or ice maker or my convection oven. I'm lost! Any help or ideas would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks!

*K*

Comments (7)