SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
liesl13

Ok to mix stainless and black appliances?

Leslie M
10 years ago

I did my kitchen over with classic cherry shaker cabinets almost 20 years ago, and had black appliances with a white existing refrigerator. Had to replace the microwave/hood and dishwasher and went with black again to match. Then last year I had to replace the cooktop and oven, and went with black glass. Got a free dishwasher in black glass with it. Now the microwave needs replacing and I hate my refrigerator, and I'm wondering if I could do a black/stainless microwave and a stainless fridge, since that is what everyone seems to want. Probably we would sell before anything needs replacing again. I live in a 100-year old house in a good neighborhood in an upstate NY city where I'll never get all the money we have sunk into our house back. I guess I would go with black but for some reason dislike black refrigerators. Made a big mistake 20 years ago not allowing for a wider refrigerator, so I am limited in choices for that. Back then, stainless wasn't such a big thing. Maybe I watch too much HGTV:) The cooktop, oven and dishwasher are completely black and are all Jenn-Air.

Comments (4)