Do you still use dish towels?
5 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (71)
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
Related Discussions
do you wash your dishes before you wash your dishes?
Comments (20)One of the reasons to *not* rinse/prewash dishes is if you use an enzyme detergent it needs the food particles to work better. It'll etch glass and stuff if it doesn't have the food particles. I can't explain it well, but it's easy research for a more thorough explanation. Most just recommend scraping the dishes (and really, who wouldn't?!) then into the DW. I haven't had a dishwasher for more than 30 years but I'm starting to miss it. I would get grossed out though when it left stuff on it. When washing by hand and using a good soap it gets clean. Sure, you just put it back in and rewash but it still bugs me. It also bugs me to see people leave dirty dishes in the DW for a week before washing them. Argh! If it takes a week to fill it, you should have a smaller DW or use a top rack only feature. This is what impresses me about the F&P Dish Drawers. And geez, I can wash a few dishes FAR faster than an hour or two for a dishwasher! LOL And when you compare the time to load the dishwasher vs washing, it's pretty close. Time's not a factor. It's the hassle of washing them. I soak my dishes and a quick swish, rinse in HOT water and into the drainer to dry. Putting them away is comparable to time in a DW. Oh, and one thing I found out quickly, the way you load it makes a big difference. You have to learn how the water sprays and make sure it's not blocked for effective washing....See MoreDish cloths & towels - what do you do with them?
Comments (46)Oh he's so cute! He'll be a great towel critter. Congrats on the new countertop, post pics when it's all in! I probably should have picked a different animal so I didn't copy robin d's towel pig idea. But he just spoke to me because I have had a thing about pigs my whole life and collect them. I don't have them all out, don't like the clutter. But a few of my favorite ones grace bookshelves and mantles and tv consoles throughout the house. Towel pig just fit in so perfectly! But if I found a Towel Robin, I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat!...See MoreNow that we've exhausted what we do with dish cloths & towels...w
Comments (17)Rae--I have seen those little triangle "pads" at Sur La Table. I was wondering how they were to use. They look like they would be great. I have the mits which I find bulky and keep going back to my teflon coated cloth mits, which I love. I throw them in the laundry when they get grungy. I don't know where I will keep my mits in the future. Before, I had them hanging from hooks. The hooks were attached to some old crate advertising. However, I am not doing a "country" style kitchen with my reno, so I imagine they will be in a drawer next to the stove. I may even hang them inside my cupboard next to the stove on hooks. I guess I will find out later this week. Cabs arrive from Canada at 10 am tomorrow! whooo hoooo! They will be installed on Friday and the following Monday. Can't wait to see how they turned out....See MoreWhere to you hang your dish towels?
Comments (42)If I were to hang my dish towel (even a clean dry one) on a lower cabinet, dishwasher, hook, etc, my dog would definitely play with it and possibly eat it. (She has opened a lower cabinet door to eat clean dish towels before.) But I personally have thought about putting a hook or towel ring or bar (like you might use in the bathroom for a hand towel) on the wall by my sink or on an upper cabinet side next to the sink. Or possibly a towel bar mounted under the cabinet close to the backsplash. I would want the towel not to be too obtrusive while hanging, but accessible. I haven't done this (since my kitchen is not remodeled), but it's an idea I'm hoping to bring to my (eventual) kitchen remodel....See More- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
Related Stories

HOUSEKEEPINGKitchen Fix: Where to Hang the Dish Towels
Keep these hardworking cloths handy and dry. And even find room to show off the ones that no one is allowed to use!
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNYour Kitchen: Where to Stash the Dish Towels
Solve the Dish Towel Dilemma With 13 Ways to Keep Them Handy and Dry
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Dishes and Tea Towels That Bring a Smile
Eat your heart out with kitchen accessories that put the "fun" in "functional"
Full Story
DIY PROJECTSHow to Turn Linen Dish Towels Into Provençal-Style Pillow Covers
See how to make top-of-the-line pillow covers by hacking Ikea’s Vardagen dish towels
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNKitchen Details: Out-of-Sight Paper Towel Holder
See how some homeowners are clearing the counter of clutter while keeping this necessity close at hand
Full Story
TASTEMAKERSPro Chefs Dish on Kitchens: Michael Symon Shares His Tastes
What does an Iron Chef go for in kitchen layout, appliances and lighting? Find out here
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNDish-Drying Racks That Don’t Hog Counter Space
Cleverly concealed in cabinets or mounted in or above the sink, these racks cut kitchen cleanup time without creating clutter
Full Story
SELLING YOUR HOUSESave Money on Home Staging and Still Sell Faster
Spend only where it matters on home staging to keep money in your pocket and buyers lined up
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNPet-Friendly Design: Making Room for the Dog Dish
In a dog’s life, you eat on the floor. Except in kitchens like these, where pets are factored into the design
Full Story


krystalmoon2009