SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lcfraser50

What to do with a horrible orange kitchen?

Laura F
3 years ago

We recently did a lot of work on our house to get some of the awful yellow paint tones out of it. We painted the walls a very soft grey and put a grey stone countertop in the kitchen and bathrooms, but I am still left with a garish red oak floor that looks absolutely vile with our bright orange fir kitchen and bathroom cabinets.

The fir cabinets were very expensive according to the original owners and I'm leaning towards changing the flooring rather then the cabinets. The ceilings are 9' high and the cabinets go all the way to the ceiling.

I have plans to change out the ghastly orange and brown fake terracotta cheapo tiles in the entranceway and bathrooms, but for the hardwood flooring I'm wondering what would be better -- a greyish-brown floor, a blonde floor, or a darker floor?

I'd attach a picture but I've just spent the last hour trying to get my photos to transfer from my phone to my computer, and it just isn't going to happen.

But think Halloween orange cabinets and Halloween orange floors but really garish wood-grain orange.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Comments (30)