SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yiujun

How to modernize the cherry wood floors/warmth in kitchen cabinets?

yiujun
3 years ago

Hi, we just bought a house in an extremely hot market. Very very nerve wracking process before and after, so I’d like to distract myself by thinking about how to decorate the place to my liking!

Since we spent so much money to buy the house and the condition of the interior is quite well kept, we are not looking to do any major renos. The existing flooring is not to my style - kind of a rustic Euro style with stone tiles and cherry hardwood flooring on the first floor, and light pine laminate flooring on the second floor. They do seem to be in very good condition though, so we’re inclined to keep them.. at least for now.

Also, the kitchen cabinets are too warm for me, but a kitchen reno just to change the style is out of the question.

We’re definitely going to get rid of the wallpaper there and in the family room though, paint some of darker beige walls white, and replace the dated kitchen backsplash.

I’m definitely more into a modern, contemporary look (like the laundry room included below which seems to have been updated compared to the rest of the house), and just trying to see if there’s any suggestions on how we can achieve that without spending thousands of dollars to replace the flooring or kitchen cabinets? I admit I much prefer cooler temp colors rather than all this redness.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022