SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Cost of medical center parking

Lars
3 years ago

I got my second vaccine shot today at the UCLA Hospital Auditorium in Santa Monica, and I ended up having to park across the street at a different medical center. The price for parking there is $12 for the first 30 minutes or $24 for the entire day. Of course pretty much everyone ends up paying the $24, which I think is a bit excessive. They do not offer senior citizen discounts, probably because most of the people going there are senior citizens. For my first shot, I got lucky and found a free spot that had been reserved for people getting vaccinated, but this time, all of those spots were taken.

When I go to UCLA Medical Center in Westwood, the price for parking is $14 a day, which is not horrible, but still rather high, I think. When I see my dermatologist in Santa Monica, the price is about the same, although I have gotten out from there quickly enough (on a rare occasion) that I did not have to pay the full day price. If I am having surgery there, I get a free Lyft ride through my insurance, but I have been avoiding Lyft during the pandemic.

When I see my dentist in Marina Del Rey, parking is $10, which seems a bit more reasonable. When I visit my regular doctor in Pacific Palisades, I park in a free spot between an arroyo and a dog park. There is plenty of free parking there, and it is only a block from the medical building, which also has parking that I've never used. I like the views from the dog park. I also like the views from Temescal Canyon of the Pacific Ocean on my way home.

What does parking at a medical facility cost where you live?

Comment