SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plllog

Crisp little cut cookies which stay crisp? Recipe or hints?

plllog
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I've been getting these tiny crunchy cut cookies, each about the size of a quarter, from the virtual farmer's market. They're made by a bakery that makes real things with ingredients lists that read like recipes Flour, butter, eggs, salt, vanilla. No bp/soda. Cocoa powder for the chocolate ones. There were spice or ginger ones which were very similar. They come in a quart jar and stay crisp even in the jar.

I'm happy to keep buying these. They have seasonal shapes, and are very satisfying. A little sweet, a little crunch, a tiny size, and they keep really well. The only problem is they don't always have them.

Do you think if I just bake the ingredients in normal proportions, and maybe a little extra time to make them crunchy that it might come close? I don't think I've ever made a cookie with egg but without baking soda. Is that the secret to the crispness? I make plenty of crisp cookies that soften up if there's humidity, and soften up when enclosed in a container. I figure some of the crunch has to be from a slightly longer bake, to remove moisture, but the vanilla ones have barely any brown on the edges, if any, so that can't be the whole story. I don't know if I'll ever feel compelled to make them, but I really want to know how!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Capital City Construction & Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living