SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beckycohen_gestwick

SOS! My plant babies are all doing weird things!

I have 3 specific plants/types of plant that I'm concerned about.

#1 Fiddle Leaf Fig-

I have already had issues with root rot with this one. A few months ago I repotted it and I think the soil and drainage are inadequate because I have fungus gnats and brown spots/holes in the leaves. It also seems to take weeks for it to dry out in between waterings. I only water it until it drains out the bottom and I don't let it sit in water. It's next to an east facing window and while it was recovering from the repotting, I had a humidifier and heater running next to it at night. Pictures attached.

#2 Spider Plants- I have many of these and they all came from baby cuttings from my son's science night at school. I've separated some of them and they all seemed to be thriving until recently. I noticed that a lot of them are getting brownish coloring along the edges of the leaves and brown on the tips. Also some weird striations on some of the leaves.

#3 Big Leaf Philodendron- Got this a couple years ago at Home Depot but I think I repotted last year. I only water this one as needed when my meter shows that it's dry. It's in the original plastic pot inside the basket and I let it drain. Now it's starting to show little yellow dots and holes on it and the older leaves have gotten a little brown and almost translucent. Photos attached.

I would appreciate any support in solving these issues. I've been SO depressed all day thinking that maybe they have a bacterial infection or that they are all gonna die :(

I try to take such good care of them. I give them plant food every few waterings (maybe once a month).

Any help is appreciated!

Sad Plant Mom,

Becky

Comments (20)