SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heather_throckmorton79

Would love some advice on living room furniture layout/floorplan

Heather Mae
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi everyone,

My husband and I recently bought an old farmhouse from 1840, and I’m ready for a complete redo of the living room! I’m planning to paint the walls, get a new rug, and considering getting some new furniture.

I’m hoping to get some advice on layout and furniture choices. I’m really struggling because the room has (count ‘em FIVE) doorways to different rooms, which really limits furniture orientation options. My husband has already ordered a leather la-z-boy recliner, which we have to somehow plan around to face the TV. I am considering getting a slipcovered sectional sofa to go up against the wall across from the TV (to replace in the same spot as the existing sectional), and floating the la-z-boy recliner in the center room towards the TV. However, I would love any thoughts/ suggestions for best layout as it is kind of an open canvas besides needing to incorporate the la-z-boy.

Please excuse the mess in the photos- I have been re-arranging our current furniture, which we are most likely going to get rid of and get all new, in addition to the la-z-boy that we already ordered. I also attempted my hand at a floor-plan sketch.

Would really appreciate some help from creative minds! Thank you so much!

Heather

Comments (6)