SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chris_payne9897987

Would love some advice on kitchen floor plan

Chris Payne
9 years ago

So I'm beginning a house remodel and I've loved GW forever, so I thought I'd solicit some advice for my kitchen. You can see the original layout here (the door on the right side is to the garage):

One must-have for me is to open things up and have much more flow-through. A high focal-impact, modern look is what I'm going for.

So I'm knocking down walls bounding the dining room. You can see one 5' wall to the right of the bay windows that is unfortunately load-bearing, so I have to figure out what to do with that. I'd love a giant, long island with white granite/quartz.

You can see one option I came up with here:

With the 5' load bearing wall in place, it complicates things and creates an awkward alcove in the kitchen. I'm trying to avoid as much dead space as possible.

Background: generally just one cook in the kitchen (me), maybe two. I do like to cook, but I would certainly not claim to be a chef or want to spend all my time in the kitchen. The existing layout is so chopped up that not a lot of entertaining can happen in the dining room/kitchen, though people end up congregating there anyway.

TIA!!!

Comments (36)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County