SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maliafred

HELP! Vote for your favorite layout option (or add your own!)

maliafred
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I have two different versions of a kitchen remodel layout that I'm currently thinking of, but am I missing a genius layout option?!?

We are planning to expand the current windows over the sink and in the breakfast nook, and possibly add two new ones on either side of the stove if there is room since natural light is really important in this space. On the blueprint, the red markup is from a structural engineer saying it would be ok to get rid of the pantry that is currently there (we'd just need to keep a post there in the corner by the stairs).

I think we'll do white cabinets with a light marble/quartz countertop and a natural wood (along the lines of white oak) island with the same countertop.

I was also thinking of tearing down the walls encasing the stairs to make it more open, I'll attach photos so you can see what it looks like currently.

To do everything our budget is $100K and we'd need/want to get all new appliances, counter depth, but hopefully fully integrated and match our cabinets. Some important factors: we want to maximize natural light, we want a better flow, and we cook a lot

Current layout with the weird L shaped peninsula that we will get rid of in favor of an island to open up the flow of the kitchen:

Option 1:

Option 2 (I think I'm leaning this way):

Another thought I had was to get separate fridge and freezer columns and put one where the fridge is currently and one at the end of the counter on the side where the sink is...but then I don't know where we'd put a pantry if we get rid of the wall near the stairs...

Here are photos of the current space:

In the photo below you can see the bump out that we'd minimize on the right and the pantry that we'd get rid of on the left (the pantry would move to the right side as full length cabinets or a base cabinet with appliance garage/counter cabinet uppers)

We'd make this window bigger

Below on the left you can see the door/wall to the basement that we'd knock out and put a railing up (bring it back to where the door is to open up that space between the stairs and the new island):

Stairs currently:

Stairs inspiration:

Kitchen look inspiration:

Island with table inspiration:

What layout makes the most sense? Anything I'm missing? Any genius ideas?

THANK YOU!

Comments (3)