Phrase of the day 2/23

jim_1 (Zone 9A)

Widow’s peak

This is the point formed by hair growing down the middle of the forehead. According to old superstition, a woman have such a growth was slated for early widowhood.

SaveComment4Like5
Comments (4)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Annie Deighnaugh

No widow's peak and I've been married for 42 years...so there's one data point....

Save    
maire_cate

I knew what a widow's peak was but had no idea that it foretold an early widowhood. I guess that should make me relieved that I only have a cowlick.

2 Likes Save    
nickel_kg

maire_cate, your DH should be even more relieved!

3 Likes Save    
gmatx zone 6

Amen, maire_cate and nickel_kg!!! I've got a stubborn cowlick that just drives the lady who cuts my hair nuts - I just mostly ignore it...

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Events 6 Top Design Events: Sept. 2-23, 2011
Get out and get inspired! See what's on the Houzz list of things to see and do this month
Full Story
Room of the Day Room of the Day: A Laundry So Cheery, Wash Day Is Wonderful
Pretty paint and playful touches banish chore-day blahs in a laundry room designed for a magazine’s Idea House
Full Story
Salvage 12 Ways to Get in the Spirit of Old Stuff Day
Vintage heads into the limelight on March 2. What pieces could you cast in a different role?
Full Story
As a decorator, I am able to see things from my clients perspective and design to meet their needs. Style Savvy... Read More
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes is a remodeling company, focusing on complete kitchen, bathroom, basement &... Read More