Those who watch Lidia Bastianich

Jasdip

From Lidia Bastianich......"My dear mother, Erminia, affectionately known as “Grandma” passed away quietly at home with me and the immediate family several days ago. Our team will be dedicating many of my future posts to her as we get through this difficult time"

SaveComment10Like
Comments (10)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chloebud

Jasdip, my heartfelt sympathy to you and your family. I know what it's like to lose your mom. That's a lovely photo of her.

Save    
dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m

Erminia Motika, 99 years on this earth. very pleasant lady. RIP. Thank you for giving us Lidia.

dcarch

2 Likes Save    
Jasdip

CHLOE, that's not me..........it's Lidia Bastianich's mom! She was a pretty regular member of her tv show.

1 Like Save    
chloebud

Jasdip, I just saw this on another cooking forum and figured it out. Sorry for my confusion! Also sorry for Lidia whom I've always thought is a good culinary teacher.

1 Like Save    
Nancy 6b

I always enjoy the feeling of family Lidia's mother gave the show. I thought a recent program she seemed more fragile. I will miss seeing her.

Save    
mr1010

I was always impressed with her mom's wit and memory of her youth and growing up overseas. Her mom added additional depth to Lidia's show. Condolences to the whole family.

Save    
sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)

A very charming and respectful exchange they had.

Martha had a similar relationship with her mother. She had a 'mom and computers' segment often. Teaching frustrations. Her mother was typing her family, friends, specifically grandchildren's e-mail addresses each time in full. Taught her about the address book....one click.

Save    
annie1992

Oh, that is too bad. I didn't watch Lidia very much, but I enjoyed her Mom more than Lidia herself. She certainly had a long life, though.

Annie

1 Like Save    
l pinkmountain

I follow Lydia on FB so saw this. I have always enjoyed Lydia's show and recipes. She's done some great stuff during the lockdown. I will really miss her mother, one of those "Greatest Generation" people who are leaving us with some big holes to fill. I'm starting to feel increasingly puny . . . but anyway, this is about Erminia and her inspiration. At least she got to know she was an inspiration to many and had a good run with her family. May her memory be for a continued blessing.

Save    
Lars

I also liked Lydia's mother better than I did Lidia. I would always change channels as soon as Lydia started tasting her own food at the end of making it. I did like Lidia's food and recipes - I just never wanted to watch her sample her food.

I will miss her mother, but at least she lived a long life.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Kitchen Design 20 Kitchen Must-Haves From Houzz Readers
We asked you to tell us your top kitchen amenities. See what popular kitchen features made the list
Full Story
Decorating Guides 15 Ways to Make Your Home Speak Spanish
You won't need a translator to appreciate the beauty of Spanish-style ironwork, tile, architecture and more around the home
Full Story
Fitzgerald Home Furnishings has everything for your home's interior - all under one roof! We have quality... Read More