Happy Mardi Gras

sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)

I hear they are calling it Yardi Gras. No parades and sheltering at home.

Making Dirty Rice-n-Beans. Trinity, wild rice and cauliflower rice. (some veg sides)

SaveComment2Like2
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)

27º in New Orleans right now. Brrr. I've never been so cold the few years I lived there during a cold spell. Pipes burst, No insulation. I was pet sitting a friends home...pups and a cat. Gorgeous home, should have been a treat... but the power went out. Pipes burst. Miserable. Southern climates do not well in low temps. Nice, 🙄, my home owners were in Mexico at the time.

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lars

In addition to New Orleans, I've spent Mardi Gras in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which reminded me of NO. The architecture is similar (with French doors and windows with shutters), and the coffee is also similar. It's quite a bit warmer, however, but still on the Gulf. Once I went to Mazatlan for Mardi Gras, and that was fun but not quite as festive as Vera Cruz.

It's been a long time since I've been in New Orleans, and I think the last time I was there was for a Mardi Gras. I don't really like it in the summer.

I did not plan any special meal for the occasion, but if I had, it would have included shrimp. Some of the best shrimp I've had was in Vera Cruz, but it was just as good in Jaco, Costa Rica.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Holidays These Homes Say Happy Mardi Gras!
Let the good times roll around the house with Mardi Gras beads, glittery high heels, Fat Tuesday colors and more
Full Story
Color Palettes Merry Mardi Gras: Smile-Inducing Paint Palettes From New Orleans
Let the good times roll with happy hues and paint selections to jolt you out of the winter blues
Full Story
Holidays Get in the Mardi Gras Spirit With This New Orleans Neighborhood Tour
Wreaths, beads, masks and swaths of green, purple and gold add a festive Carnival splash to The Big Easy
Full Story
For nearly 20 years Grow Landscapes, Inc. has proven to be a leader in the industry in terms of design,... Read More