SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Favorite Mickey Mouse character when you were a child

Lars
3 years ago

I assume most people watched Mickey Mouse when they were children - I watched the Mickey Mouse Club Show when I was 5-6 years old, and I think I was part of the target audience. I did not like Mickey Mouse, however, partly because I hated his voice and partly because he was a mouse (I preferred cats in cartoons). Anyway, his personality did not appeal to me, and I tended to think of mice as pests, including Mickey. I did not like Minnie either, as I found her a bit boring and saccharine - like Mickey. I much preferred Donald Duck, but I also liked Goofey a bit - at least I found him more interesting than Mickey. I wasn't even fond of Jiminy Cricket, as I found him boring as well.

For the Mouseketeers, Annette was my favorite from the beginning - even before she became popular. My older sister liked someone else, whom I cannot remember, and in fact I do not remember most of the other Mouseketeers.

Did you have a favorite Mouseketeer? Did they become famous?

Did you watch other children's TV shows instead? MMC was on in the evening, as I remember, and of course I watched other children's shows in the morning.

Comments (43)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz