SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

I'll show you mine/you show me yours - T 2/9/21

Annie Deighnaugh
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

This week, let's do emotions....either emotions displayed in the photo, or emotions the photo triggers in you:

T - Sadness

W- Serenity

Th-Gratitude

Fr- Excitement or other

So today, show me sadness.

-------------------------

Please post one's own photos, not pictures or memes pulled off the internet, facebook, twitter, etc.

Give credit where credit is due.

See guidelines here

Comments (33)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    3 years ago

They weren't on their nest on this morning. I went to check and it had been trashed, most likely by a coyote. When I see this picture, it always saddens me.

• lgmd_gaz
    3 years ago

This is just one of the 7 that went through our yard and across the busy road yesterday, the last very nearly getting hit . It saddens me that their habitat is fast disappearing. Two nearby wooded areas recently have been sold for housing development.

• orchidrain_still
    3 years ago

Sad when pretty pieces are broken....

• nhbaskets
    3 years ago

My Dad passed away 21 years ago today. Sad that he never got to meet any of his great grandchildren.

• Uptown Gal
    3 years ago

DH not living to see GSs grow up. Oldest was 4 years old and youngest

wasn't born yet, when DH died. 24 and 18 today.

• jrb451
    3 years ago

Sad, a Kestrel with a Cardinal. We enjoy watching the birds that come to our bird feeders. But, a good turnout also attracts predators.

• Jeb zone5
    3 years ago

This picture makes me sad because it is of one of the greenhouses I used to work at for many years. There was 1/4th of an acre under glass, we grew everything that was sold, I made many good friends working here for 20 plus years... it felt like the "coolest place on Earth" during the '80s and 90s when it was standing.

Now thirty years later the business is gone, the greenhouses are all gone and the only thing left are memories... and a few pictures.

Heavy sigh.....

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    3 years ago

jrb, everyone's got to eat...bad day for cardinal, but good day for kestrel.

• hallngarden
    3 years ago

Will always remember sweet Buffy. She died many years ago. We didn’t live on beach all the time, and would come here about every three weeks. When we started packing the car, she would sit in car the entire time waiting for us to leave. As we look over ocean today, my heart is flooded with memories of our precious one ; she loved sitting on porch looking at ocean .

• Jeb zone5
    3 years ago

what a sweet dear pup Hallngarden. I'm sure you cherish the memories!

• eld6161
    3 years ago

Not as much sad as bittersweet.

Youngest fosters dogs and sometimes brings them to my house. There was just something about this one....

We already have a dog, and one that needs to be an only dog.

This little girl had lots of interest and quickly found her forever family.

• eld6161
    3 years ago

Feels strange “liking” these contributions, but we know what we mean.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    3 years ago

We need to face into sadness to fully understand and appreciate joy...all of them are part of life's experience.

• maire_cate
    3 years ago

We returned to the area where DH and I grew up to see relatives and my son wanted to visit the cemetery where my parents are buried. It took us 15 minutes to find the site since grass had obscured the marker. DS pulled the grass and used bottled water and the golf towel from his car to polish the names on the brass. My son had a close bond with my Mom and this photo always brings tears to my eyes.

• nicole___
    3 years ago

This buffalo lives free range, fat & happy, until they sell him for a canned hunt. We drove by one day and a buffalo was running with it's "headstart" as a truck with a guy hanging out of it with a rifle chased him.

• OutsidePlaying
    3 years ago

I still miss my mother, now gone almost 21 years. She would have loved her great-grandchildren so much. This is with her granddaughters about a year before she died, still one of my favorite photos.

• OutsidePlaying
    3 years ago

Sorry, but it is hard to hit the ‘like’ button on these. I will just tell you that I feel sad right along with you on every one.

• jrb451
    3 years ago

Yes @Annie Deighnaugh, you’re correct but this Kestrel’s victim was a favorite of ours. A “piebald” Cardinal that hung out on our feeders. I’m guessing it was this unique colorization that made it the target.

• Ded tired
    3 years ago

Nicole, that is a real heartbreaker. How can anyone get pleasure from that?

So many posts today are very touching. I saw this painting in Ireland and it made me feel so sad. It’s a family burying their child during The Great Famine.

• nickel_kg
    3 years ago

Sad but not tragic. Replace the top, slather with frosting....

• Uptown Gal
    3 years ago

Ded Tired..after that was when DH's family came to the U.S. 3 young brothers

came...all that was left of their family. They came here and eventually thrived.

The famine was so sad....and such a shame what it did to that beautiful Country. Sad time for sure. But, once again it is a beautiful Country. :)

• User
    3 years ago

Gus developed a tumour in his nose. He wasn’t in pain but the last few months of his life, he always had a little bloody nose :(

He ate well and went for a walk every day. One morning he woke up deaf and blind. This was one of his last walks.

• maire_cate
    3 years ago

Roxsol - what a beautiful expression. Was Gus a particular breed?

• User
    3 years ago

maire cate, depending on the time of day he could be a Lhasa Yapso. At supper time he was a Lhasa Fatso. But really he was a Lhasa Apso. 🙂

He was a nice little fellow.

• sealavender
    3 years ago

Ded Tired's painting made me think of the famine statues on the waterfront in Dublin.

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    3 years ago

Outside, I'm with you. I "liked" everyone's photos but I just cannot do sad today. It's not a good day for me.

• yeonassky
    3 years ago

Sorry for those who have felt the pain of some of the sadnesses.hugs to you all.

I pressed like almost guilt-free as I like that we can share and I love to see people's gone but not forgotten loved ones and Passions for justice.

My sweet Pepper. She developed a horrible cancer that took her away from us within two weeks. She was a fierce lioness protectress of any person or animal in the house. She was the most loyal. Also the best walking companion for us and our dogs. All that said she truly was my cat most of all of all the family members. It's been a long long time since she's been gone but I'll never forget her.

I had a dream about her recently that she was alive and I got to be with her. What a dream come true. She was a beautiful sight for my sore eyes.

• Michele
    3 years ago

I can’t participate. I’m also having a rough time. These photos are all tearing at my heartstrings. The loss.

There is beauty in it though. The ability to feel and care is a beautiful thing. Some people don’t have enough of it. Some may have a little too much.

• Ded tired
    3 years ago

Along with the sadness comes resilience. We pick ourselves up and keep going. As Tennyson said, 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

• Lars
    3 years ago

Black Phoebe feeding one of my favorite butterflies to its offspring. The parents would catch all the butterflies in my patio and then leave when there were no butterflies left.

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    3 years ago

My practice bouquet for DD’s wedding. Should have been last May but it still hasn't happened because of Covid restrictions. Postponed three times so far......

• bob_cville
    3 years ago

I used this picture on the back of the memorial leaflet for my wife's funeral service nearly a year ago.

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    3 years ago

Bob, it's hard to believe a year has already gone by. I hope you have some peace in your heart and hold on to your loving memories.